- Is your company certified by the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning & Restoration Certification (IICRC)?
- Are your technicians, who perform the work, trained and IICRC certified in water damage restoration and do they show their certification card to the property owner?
- What system of drying do you provide in order to dry the structure quickly with little or no replacement of structure materials on a clean-water loss?
- What type of vacuum unit and specialty extraction tools do you use?
- How do you know you have adequately extracted the carpet and cushion on a clean-water loss?
- What type of air movers and dehumidifiers do you use?
- How do you determine how much drying equipment to leave at each job?
- What types of meters do you use to test moisture content in structural materials like carpet and cushion, sub-floors, wood, concrete, tile, and drywall?
- What type of documentation do you give the property owner to prove to them you dried the structure properly and that it was returned to a pre-loss condition that will not promote mold growth?
- How do you keep the affected areas in the structure separate from the unaffected areas?
Top 10 Questions to Ask Your Water Loss Mitigation Contractor